Fold Arm Awnings
As with other exterior awnings Folding Arm Awnings also enhance the interior comfort of the property by blocking solar radiation long before it reaches the window or door openings. When not required the awning is fully retracted out of the way into a protective cassette or underneath a hood or eave.
Folding Arm Awnings are available in a wide variety of models and fabric types:
- Manual (Crank handle) or motorised
- With or without cassettes (protect the material from the sun & rain)
- Heavy duty arms that open and close the blind and keep the structure in place
- Extra wide fabric (up to 7 000mm)
- Projection of up to 3 600mm
- Components are either Aluminium, powder coated or nylon-bushed arm pivots that prevent salt air corrosion
- All our Folding Arm Awnings come with a 1 year workmanship guarantee and various product guarantees depending on chosen model
Motors and Automatic Devices
Motorized awnings combine beauty with functionality. You control light and shade at the touch of a button and can cool any deck, patio, terrace or balcony on demand. A motorised and automated awing is the ultimate luxury for optimal convenience and consequently higher utilisation. The drive motor and automatic devices are manufactured in compliance with European safety standards ensuring utmost reliability.
- With a motorized retractable awning you will expand your outdoor living space and add value to your home, without the problems and high cost of construction. Plus, your furniture and carpeting will be protected from fading.
- An added benefit is due to the ease of operating your motorized awnings, you will use them more often, lowering indoor temperatures and reducing sunlight and glare.
- What’s more, this unique product does not require unsightly poles that will obstruct your view. When sun shading is not required, your motorized awning can retract against the facade of your home, so it is out of the way when you want it to be, allowing light to enter the room as you choose on a cloudy day or at dusk.
- Our electric motors are fully contained within the roller tube of a retractable awning for a clean concealed installation that blends right into the lines of your home and they’re sealed, too, so they require no maintenance for years of trouble-free service.
- These motors are available with added extra functions such as “sun and wind automatic controls” that allow the awnings to automatically extend during sunny weather and retract to safety during stormy/windy conditions.
- Sun Sensors – A sun sensor reads the intensity of the sun’s radiation and triggers the unwinding or winding of the awning.
- Wind Sensors – An Anemometer (air speed meter) measures wind velocity and transmits a closing signal to the motor if the wind speed exceeds the established maximum speed setting. Alternatively a 3D motion sensor fitted inside the front cover is triggered by excessive motion and retracts the awning. Once the wind speed drops the awning automatically unwinds again.
- Remote controls, timers and integration with home automation systems are also possible.
How to take care of your Folding Arm Awning
- Never leave your Folding arm Awning extended (out) and unattended, as it is vulnerable to sudden strong winds which may occur.
- If you are the fortunate owner of a motorised unit fitted with a sun and wind automatic device which will relieve you of being concerned about a sudden gale, please remember that if your area happens to be experiencing a power failure, your wind automatic device will not operate.
- We do not recommend that your Folding Arm Awning be used as a rain protector in a heavy downpour as the water may dam-up on top of the canvas cover, thus exerting abnormal weight on the entire mechanism which may damage the awning.
- Folding Arm Awnings can be cleaned using water from your garden hose (subject to local water restrictions) and a soap that does not contain ammonia, then sponged down with lukewarm water. Do not scrub with brushes or use any chemicals.