Deluxe Geared Drop Blinds
Deluxe Geared Drop Blinds protect outdoor entertaining areas from the elements creating an extra room in the home so you can entertain all year round.
The Deluxe Geared Drop Blind is very effective as it rolls away neatly onto a roller tube, when not in use, and once lowered, it can be secured or hooked to stainless steel anchoring points and then tensioned by merely cranking the blind in the “up” position.
They can be made from a wide variety of fabrics with options for window panels, covers and scallops. When in use, the Drop Blinds are fully deployed and tied to set anchor points. When not in use, they roll up out of the way.
An additional option is to house your Deluxe Geared Drop Blind in a cassette for a more streamlined look. The roller tube is protected & covered by an extruded Aluminium cassette. The cassette system provides complete protection against wind, moisture and UV rays. When retracted, both the roller tube and fabric are fully covered by the cassette.
Operation is by means of a gear with a crank handle, which quickly raises or lowers the blind. If you are looking for a blind that is raised or lowered via a Rope & Pulley system, then you should consider our Rope & Pulley Drop Blinds.
These Drop Blinds can also be motorised for ease of use.
Motorized Drop Blinds are operated by a remote control and can have a sun and wind sensor attached so that they are completely automated. When the sun is shining on the area, the blinds will roll down and if there is enough wind (sensor is adjustable), the blinds will retract up fully.
Our electric motors are fully contained within the roller tube of the blind for a clean concealed installation, that blends right into the lines of your home and they are sealed, too, so they require no maintenance for years of trouble-free service.
Geared Drop Blinds are manufactured with optional extras such as clear PVC windows, collapsible saddles, weather strips, velcro strips and brass eyelets on the hemmed edges for additional securing, if required. The drop blinds can be fitted with guide channels on the sides, which makes it more secure against the elements.
All our Outdoor Drop blinds are available in a wide and attractive range of Acrylic, PVC, RipStop, Shade cloth and Sunworker fabrics. Sunworker is a new innovation that allows natural light to show through yet does not block vision and still offers protection from the elements.
How to care for your Deluxe Geared Drop Blinds:
- Store, pack or roll up only when clean and dry.
- To remove dirt, brush dry fabric with soft brush (occasional hosing may remove dust and some ingrained dirt).
- Never scrub the fabric.
- Immediately remove deposits of organic matter (such as soil, grass cuttings, leaf litter, bird droppings, vehicle exhaust, pollutants etc.)
- Remove any mildew as it appears on the fabric, first by brushing, then by rinsing with cold water. If this is not sufficient, a mild solution of 1 part bleach 4 parts water in cold water dabbing only and rinse thoroughly.
- Allow to dry in full sun then hose well to remove residue.
- Do not use strong bleaches, detergents, solvents or other liquid cleansers.