Rope & Pulley Drop Blind
Rope & Pulley Drop Blinds can be used in many different areas: smoking areas, braai areas, carports, outdoor recreational and restaurant areas. They give a classic and stylish look to any area in which they are installed and are used in any season. They are very attractive and are both effective and simple to operate.
They can be made from a wide variety of fabrics with options for window panels, covers and scallops. When in use, the Rope & Pulley Drop Blinds are fully deployed and tied to set anchor points. When not in use, they roll up out of the way. Operation is by means of a control rope, which quickly raises or lowers the blind. If you are looking for a blind that is raised or lowered via crank handle, then you should consider our Deluxe Geared Drop Blind.
Rope & Pulley Drop Blinds are manufactured with optional extras such as clear PVC windows, collapsible saddles, weather strips, velcro strips and brass eyelets on the hemmed edges for additional securing, if required. Zips can also be added to these blinds to stop any movement down the sides and create a snug/room effect.
All our Outdoor Drop blinds are available in a wide and attractive range of Acrylic, PVC, Ripstop, Shade cloth and Sunworker fabrics. Sunworker is a new innovation that allows natural light to show through yet does not block vision and still offers protection from the elements.
Please note that these Rope & Pulley Drop Blinds are not designed for extreme windy conditions and should not be left down in severe weather.
How to care for your Rope & Pulley Drop Blinds:
- Store, pack or roll up only when clean and dry.
- To remove dirt, brush dry fabric with soft brush (occasional hosing may remove dust and some ingrained dirt).
- Never scrub the fabric.
- Immediately remove deposits of organic matter (such as soil, grass cuttings, leaf litter, bird droppings, vehicle exhaust, pollutants etc.)
- Remove any mildew as it appears on the fabric, first by brushing, then by rinsing with cold water. If this is not sufficient, a mild solution of 1 part bleach 4 parts water in cold water dabbing only and rinse thoroughly.
- Allow to dry in full sun then hose well to remove residue.
- Do not use strong bleaches, detergents, solvents or other liquid cleansers.