Our Decowood Shutters are either manufactured locally or imported fully custom made from advanced wood composite. The wood composite is engineered to precise design specifications using individual wood fibres sourced from sustainable forests. Engineered wood products are used in a variety of applications, from home construction to commercial building and industrial products. These products can be used for joists and beams to replace steel in many building products.
Advanced wood composite is one of the most eco-friendly materials available as it minimises wastage using up to 95% of a tree opposed to the 63% used in the manufacture of solid timber shutters.
Unlike vinyl and PVC shutters, our Decowood timber shutters can withstand high desert-like temperatures ensuring long-term performance in a variety of environments.
By using reinforced engineered wood stiles, we employ a proprietary process that bonds multiple layers of wood to provide an intense level of durability and structural integrity.
Overlapping rabbet stiles improve light block-out.
Our mortise and tenon joints (traditionally used in building construction and the manufacture of furniture) are designed to withstand the shear stress and racking forces applied when operating a shutter.
Our patented polypropylene coating ensures our Decowood shutters are stain-, peel-, crack- and chip resistant. The coating is verified to be environmentally safe, releasing no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) into the air. It contains UV inhibitors that protect the shutters against colour fading and yellowing. This coating makes our Decowood shutters ideal for coastal conditions and extremely easy to clean and maintain.
Manufactured and installed to best practice European and American quality standards.
- Locally manufactured or imported completely custom made
- Durable and robust
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Resistant to beetle / wood borer
- Stain-, peel-, crack- and chip resistant
- A variety of frame choices
- With a 3 year overall warranty on the product
- A standard palette of 5 soft neutral shades in a polypropylene finish
- Custom shapes such as triangle, domed and hexagon
- 3 louvre sizes – 63, 89 and 114mm
- 3 tilt rod options – traditional, off-set and secret tilt